Saturday 26th February – 7:30pm
The first event of the year was a “Lecture Demonstration Recital” given by our Organist, David Holroyd.
It’s not quite as formal and serious as the title makes out – but hopefully answered questions like:
- what makes the organ work?
- how many pipes are there in the organ?
- what’s behind the hole in the wall above the Pulpit?
- how big is the biggest pipe?
- and how small is the smallest pipe?
- where does all the wind come from?
As well as a brief history of the organ as an instrument, and background to our instrument in particular, David explained how the instrument works, and played music to demonstrate the huge variety of features and sounds available.
There were some of the great favourites of organ music, as well as a few little lollipops!